Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

"Ok Ma, can I go eat my Christmas treats now?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Update: Okay, since you're undoubtedly wondering, yes, Miss Chef did make a fabulous Christmas dinner. And here's what we had:

Pan-roasted duck breast with port wine and fig reduction
Duck confit
Sautéed spinach with tomatoes
Broccoli
Corn casserole (I made that part!)
Tossed salad (complete with duck cracklin's, mmmm!)
Dread Pirate Robert's red wine (from a NC winemaker we discovered this summer)
Chef Adam's Bûche de Noël (what's that? Well, for starters you can check out this CakeWrecks post...and then you can check back in a day or so, 'cause I plan to have more to share!)

Oh, and yes, Rosie got to taste the duck!

7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and Miss Chef! Diane, hubby and baby Henry are in Savannah, enjoying the weather, and I'm here in the frozen, snow-bound SE Iowa with a small snow drift on the INSIDE of my supposedly secure windows!!!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and Miss Chef had a FABulous day. We didn't. Errrr...well, moving right along. It's amazing what dogs will put up with. Sheep do not wish to wear holiday hats and pose for photographs. It's a real downer for the holidays. Bah humbug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds like a fabulous Christmas dinner!!!

    Hope your holidays are great.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! Sounds so yummy! We just had a ham with the basics. The folks in my family are boring meat and potatoes people. Sure wish I could break free and dine at your house!

    And so, ya dropped a log on Christmas did ya?


    lol!


    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie looks quite lovely in her Christmas finery.

    Your dinner sounds decadent and delish. The confit is duck braised in oil, right? I don't think I've ever had it, but I know it's a very swanky preparation. How does the duck not get overly greasy? I mean, it's greasy meat to begin with. That always made me curious.

    I want photos like you did at Thanksgiving!!! Please?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a bit behind but what a cute, adorable picture! She sure seemed to leave that hat on well. It wouldn't have stayed on one of my dog's heads for a second.

    ReplyDelete
  7. gaaaahhggghlllaaa...love duck, sounds like a beautiful meal. Must ask, do you saute the tomatoes or add them crisp and cold at the end?

    And Rosie is far more patient than our dog would ever be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)