We've been cooking quite a bit lately; I'm not sure if it's just because of our new "toy," or if gas really does make everything easier!
Just for fun, I wanted to share with you what we've made so far--in order, as far as I can remember!
1. Cream of Wheat: Miss Chef was crushed that this should be the first thing made on our new stove. Apparently, CoW is a Yankee Thing. But it was cold when I walked Rosie Friday night...and whose overtime paid for the thing, hmmm??
2. SNICKERDOODLES!! Saturday morning fun with Miss Chef! Hopefully it erased a bit of the Cream of Wheat insult.
3. Casserole: leftover chicken and veggies with pasta from our NJ/NYC trip. Bonus benefit to gas burners: roasted red bell pepper! The best casserole I've made yet.
4. Fried egg: it really did cook better on gas. It even sounded better, crackling and all that.
5. Monday dinner: we invited a friend, and Miss Chef rolled up her sleeves. Pork roast w/a beer & mustard sauce, seasoned brown rice, orange cauliflower (a novelty found in the grocery store), roasted tomatoes, sautéed mushrooms.
6. maraschino cherry cookies w/kisses: one of Miss Chef's favorites
7. Tuesday dinner: Miss Chef had the night off, since we're getting another rain/snow/ice event tonight. I worked late and thought I was going to have to get the two thawed chickens roasted quickly while I took care of Rosie and tried to get this post done. But I walked into the house and smelled crispy roasted chicken and crispy roasted potatoes. And the color on the chicken was perfect.
Are you all jealous now? Sorry; I was too hungry to get pictures. I'll try to do better in the future.
Ok, I've loved reading all your responses to my giveaway. (I've responded to all of you in the comments, except for Freddie; you're an outlier, Fred, with your crazy Chicago post!) And I applaud your guesses, there were several excellent ideas in there for a next giveaway. Yes, even cookies.
Alas, you are all wide of the mark.
So, with two days left, here's your hint:
It is indeed a locally-made product, previously mentioned on this blog, but it is not food.
That's it. That's all you're getting. Mwahahahaha!
Remember, everyone who has listed a favorite post is still entered in the drawing. I'll post the winner Friday evening, and reveal the mystery prize.
À bientôt !