Wow, that was fast! First of all, thank you to everyone who hazarded a guess--and let me tell you, there were some good ones in there! The intersection between the full moon and autumnal equinox was a mad coincidence, I swear! As for the rest...
- We don't know when Rosie's birthday is. She was adopted Dec. 9 2006.
- My second year of blogging isn't 'til next month (and I keep thinking it's November, anyway).
- Next month is also when Miss Chef and I will celebrate 10 years together! (Amazing!)
- Miss Chef's anniversary at the restaurant falls in August...and I can't remember how many years it's been! (If I had to guess, I'd say...3? It feels like more than that.)
- Believe it or not, I don't remember how long I've known each of you, but I'm sure I'd be surprised by how short a time it is!
Ok, so the real answer was: my 200th post (published right before the contest).
Congratulations to Nekkid Chicken (also known as Mal), out there in Texas land. I'm not sure how confident I feel about sending my homemade NC cayenne powder to the land of TexMex cuisine! But I'll bite the bullet and put together a fiesta of Flartopian flavor for Mal's holiday pleasure. I might even let the rest of you all have a peek at it later.
(And I swear on Miss Chef's well-thumbed Larousse Gastronomique that Mal's giving me a blog award had nothing to do with it!)