Sunday, April 15, 2012

Blog Break?

This is like a repeat of my last post, only more so.

I mentioned that things were getting hectic, and hoped that I'd have a moment to sit down and share a bit of it.  Turns out I don't.  I've been slammed at work the last two or three weeks, and Miss Chef is beyond stressed with the new course she's teaching for the first time and keeping up with her MBA program.  Losing last Sunday to working Easter brunch has put her in a hole she can't seem to get out of.   She left this morning before 8:00 to go sit at Starbucks, where she works better.  I stopped in to see her around 1:00 this afternoon, and she's got hours of work left ahead.

Since I've got slightly more free time, I'm the one trying to catch up with laundry, dishes, dog puke on the carpet (NB: Empire rice stains worse than red wine), general housework, garden, yard, blah blah blah.  And I don't know when this merry-go-round is going to slow down.

So I think I'm going to have to sign off for a week or two.   We'll see what happens. In the meantime, you can check out my revamped FAQ page via the tab at the top, if you find that you're missing my voice.  I might also update my Lazy Girl's Twitter on the sidebar.

Before I go, here are some new, slightly better pictures of the chickadees.



7 comments:

  1. We'll be here when you get back! Have a nice blog break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we've all had times like that. Hey, it does make time fly, though, right?!
    Tell Miss Chef, "Good luck with the class." New classes are really hard... keeping a step ahead of the students.
    Thanks for the pictures of the Chickadees. I had forgotten how cute they are. We don't have them around my house and I do love their call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you know that I totally know where you're coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss you! And Miss Chef and Rosie! But taking a break when you need to is a very, very smart thing to do, and we all know what a smart woman you are! Happy spring, and here's hoping everyone's schedules slow down soon. Hugs from us all at Mucky Boots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's time to set priorities, which is just what you're doing - smart lady! You need some breathing room. And we'll be here when things slow down for you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I like that you transformed from Flartus to Alison. I noticed when you commented on my blog. I wondered who the hell that was and was very confused. Now I'm not confused. Well, not in that way.

    Maybe it's time to drop some stuff. Live life now and quit working for the future? Is all of this business for money or is it about hobbies, self gratitude or what have ya?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope life slows down a bit for you son. In the meantime, take care. we'll be here when you get back.
    RELAX!
    xo jj

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)