Friday, April 13, 2012

Phriday Photos

Oh, how hectic life has gotten in Flartopia.  Maybe this weekend I'll have a moment to sit down and write about it all...or part of it, anyway.

In the meantime, I did take a chance this evening to sit outside and enjoy the lovely, bug-free spring weather that has come back.  I smiled at these chaps, who are my favorite birds.  Miss Chef and I have both noticed them hanging around the area between our patio and the neighbor's pear tree.



At one point I put down my book and went inside to get something...and in glancing out the small corner window in the kitchen, I realized why these birds were being so bold, sitting on the chair across the table from me and chick-a-dee-dee'ing so loudly.

I was in their way!


This nest box is on a pole at the edge of our patio, camouflaged by the carefree Carolina jasmine planted by the previous owners.  So now I've cleaned that corner window for the first time since we've moved in.  Next I just have to see if Miss Chef will leave her camera with me, and I can manage to be home when the light is better!

Have a chick-a-dee-delightful weekend, y'all!

9 comments:

  1. Watching the birds from my screen porch is one of the highlights of my day. I also have a feeder outside my bedroom window so when I'm sitting at my desk I can also watch. They are one of God's best creations(after dogs, of course). I have a cardinal that has been banging his head against one of my basement windows for 2 weeks(all day long). Haven't figured that one out yet. Enjoy your new watching place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've managed to block most of our windows so it's hard to sit and watch. I should do something about that!

      Delete
  2. I thought about getting a bird house or feeder or something and then reminded myself at how lazy I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you only have to clean out a birdhouse like once a year...or, in my case, once every 3 years or so. It takes about 3 seconds. Just sayin'.

      Delete
  3. hehe! Looks like those birds are wearing a jolly old hat on their cute lil' heads!
    I was mad at myself several times this winter for not remembering to clean my windows that face our bird feeders. There were some beautiful new birdie visitors that I had never seen visit our feeders before, but my photos turned out terribly fuzzy from the dirt on the windows. lol!

    Sure hope your life is happily hectic and that it calms down a little soon.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, my pictures are turning out pretty fuzzy even with a "clean" window. Still haven't gotten my hands on Miss Chef's camera yet, though!

      Delete
  4. Delightful birds! We don't have chickadees, but I have been enjoying the goldfinches. After feeding their drab gray selves all winter, they are suddenly...gold! They look like black winged canaries sitting at our feeders. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have goldfinches as they fly through in spring and fall. They are fabulously entertaining, though.

      Delete
    2. Y'all need to get one of the upside down feeders for goldfinches. They are so much fun to watch. No other birds can feed from them as goldfinches are the only ones that will hang upside down to feed.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)