Wednesday, December 1, 2010

An Invitation to Happiness


Picture from Happy Frog and I
 In spite of trying to keep my blogroll small, I do enjoy visiting new blogs.  Every once in a while (when you all are off having interesting lives in between providing me with new posts to read!) I check out the Blogs of Note.

That is how I happened upon Happy Frog and I a couple of days ago.  It is written by an English woman "closer to [her] forties than [her] thirties," who uses a stuffed smiling frog as her muse.  I quite liked one of her regular postings, and told her I was going to copy it here!

It's called 15 Positive Things, and every month she posts about 15, um, positive things that happened throughout the previous 30-odd days.  What a great way to stop and smell the roses, I thought.  And then, I realized how brilliant an idea it is.

See, not only will I have to sit down each month to reflect on all the good things that happen to me, I won't be able to come up with them all in one sitting.  Which means that throughout my month, I will have to focus on and jot down happy things; about one every other day.

What a great way to program myself for happiness.  I don't think it will take much time; just a second or two to write things in my planner every day or so.  And then, voila!  At the end of the month, a ready-made blog post!  And, in the process, I will hopefully develop a more positive mindset in my everyday life.  It's like free therapy. *grin*

I'm so excited about the idea that I'm inviting you all to play along.  I know December's a bit of a challenge, but I've never believed in waiting until the New Year to make resolutions for myself!  So, in the last week of December or first week of January, I plan to post my 15 Positive Things.  If you'd like to participate, I can do a Mr. Linky, and you can post your own list, and we can share it here.  And if December's too crazy, there's always January...

So whaddya think, wanna try it?

11 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome idea! I would love to participate and you are right what a wonderful way of keeping a positive outlook on life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis sounds like something up my alley. I like the idea of sort of wrapping up the month with positiveness. Count me in.
    Cheers, jj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honest to God, I just came from checking out this blog via the Blogs of Note page - how freaky is that?!

    I think it's a great idea, and I will start working on my list today, so count me in, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a saying, when discussing silly people!!

    "mad as a box of frogs!
    nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. for me - happiness is real close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know if I could do that every other day, but My Big Road Trip (over 4000 miles) to visit my baby grandson, daughter, friends and sisters certainly gave me enough happiness to last most of the year!!!

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's a great idea... we all need to spend more time focusing on the positive things in life and realize that we take most things for granted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally down for this! :) What a way to spread positivity and inspiration to others, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea. So many people dwell upon the negative when there is so much positive.
    Thanks for sharing! Am going to write down all the positives.

    ReplyDelete
  10. http://thethreeringranch.com/allena/?page_id=526

    Here's one goat-conformation diagram.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey John always tells me I am Crazier than a Box of Frogs. Love his and your blog.

    Agains Thanks,
    Mal

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)