Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What Miss Chef Did

So, while I've been blithering through my week, stressing about everything I possibly can, Miss Chef had a fun Monday afternoon.  She's paying one of the cooks at the restaurant to...well, basically to be our yard boy.  He came on Monday to start on my long wish list, and Miss Chef left school right after class to make sure everything was ok.

Being spring, she couldn't help herself.  She spent a little money at Home Depot, and finished up two flower beds that had been started last year.

gerbera daisies surrounded by white impatiens

begonias around snapdragons and a white flowering plant I don't remember the name of

Miss Chef was quite pleased with herself for preparing a surprise for me, and I was very happy to have another project finished.  So, I had to share.

7 comments:

  1. Miss Chef is a peach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flowers! Surprises! People who love us enough to give us flowers and surprises! Sounds just about perfect to me - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! How thoughtful of her. And such a lovely array of flowers in a tidy little bed.

    Alas, there will be no delicate, pretty flowers growing in my yard. If they didn't get hand-watered every day, they would shrivel up and die.

    I don't have the time nor the energy to dote on fancy flowers. Any flowers that want to survive here must be drought tolerant, tough, hardy, and not mind chickens pecking at them. lol!

    So, I will have to enjoy looking at your beautiful flowers instead and dream of rain....

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet!!! I love it... and love that you shared the beauty (the flowers and the act of giving) with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely surprise!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it's just better to hire someone while you sit back and enjoy life OR run around doing other crap.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Flar... guess who? Long time no see! I'm not writing at Casa Hice anymore (long boring story), but every now and again I put something up at Boozy Tooth. Blogging has taken a back seat to almost everything these days, but I still can get out a good rant once in awhile.

    You look wonderful, by the way! So glad all is well with you and MC.

    Love your Gerberas. And those cool multi-colored paver stones. Very chic.

    ♥ Alix

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)