Sunday, August 28, 2011

What’s Cooking?

As I’ve mentioned once or twice, Miss Chef is on a mission to get more fit.  This week, that means making sure there is good, nutritious food at home, ready to eat after a long day at work.

So what do you get when you have….

IMG_1247

…a red pepper roasting…

 

IMG_1251

…a pan of spinach starting to steam…

 

IMG_1254

…two fresh, local eggs…

 

IMG_1249

…some of our favorite local goat’s milk cheese…

 

(wait, check out that pepper again…

IMG_1257

…erm, yummy??)

 

IMG_1258

…oh look, more cheese!  And some milk, too.

 

So, what does that get us?

q

 

Quiche!  Spinach and roasted red pepper quiche with goat cheese!

IMG_1261

Can’t wait to see what’s for dinner…Winking smile

10 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum. That's all I can say, just yum! Oh, and can I come over for supper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a pepper roasted that way. makes sense- I just never thought to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my.... that looks fabulous.
    I didn't know you could roast peppers over the flame of a gas stove - I have a gas stove - can you take a guess at what I might do?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, another reason to cook with gas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, but that looks yummy! I can't wait for cooler temperatures so I can start doing real cooking again! I'm getting sooo tired of microwave meals and dining out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quiche is one of the best inventions I know :) Ah, drat, now I'm craving some! Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, lucky to have a gas stove.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Garret, no, not lucky...it took some effort and money to switch over from electric! I still don't understand why anyone would put an electric stove in a gas-heated house. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you and Miss Chef come and visit us, please? :) Yum and beautiful!

    Thank you for your really nice comment on today's post. I'm smiling. I needed to hear that, thanks. Can you tell I might be feeling just a teensy bit guilty?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)