Alix, you have been missed here! Are you incredibly busy? You missed my homemade soup post! Ah, well, perhaps you are on comment strike because I have been incredibly remiss in acknowledging your award.
Several days..a week?...ago, Alix over at Casa Hice graciously bestowed upon me the Butterfly Award that you may have noticed over in the right margin. After fretting needlessly about the difficulties of adding that image, I promptly dropped the ball on the rest of my duties. As it turns out, there are Rules that go along with this! They are as follows:
1. Put the logo on your blog. (check!)
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you. (done!)
3. Award up to ten other blogs. (um...)
4. Add links to those blogs on yours. (ok)
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs. (sure, no prob)
Well, actually, there is a problem. The only blogs I read regularly are either semi-professional--meaning I don't think we friendly amateurs need to be competing with them!--or I found them through Alix, and they already have butterflies.
Now, I have to tell you, I am very, very picky about which blogs I check on an almost-daily basis. I'm already spending too much time in front of the computer as it is, so you'd better have something piercing, witty, or piercingly witty to keep me coming back. I have sampled a number of blogs recently, but have found few that keep me coming back.
The ones I want to award are as follows:
1. Eternal Lizdom Liz grabbed my attention by being even more vehemently for gay-marriage rights than I am, but she kept it by being funny--bordering on insane, yet commonsensical. She is also that quiet and precious gem: a thoughtful Christian. Plus, her kids are adorable.
2. Boonedocks Wilcox One of many of Alix's goat farm friends. I was drawn to this site because we share a state, and Miss Chef and I are all about supporting local farmers. As a matter of fact, Miss Chef is beginning a collaboration with a local goat farmer, and will be visiting the farm next Monday! Anyway, I love the day-to-day insights into life with farm animals. It brings me back to my own childhood among dogs, cats, chickens and rabbits.
3. The Courteous Chihuahua certainly lives up to her name (well, the first part, at least). I have to confess, I skip through the football posts, but this blog has such a real, warm and humorous voice, it's like stopping in to say hi to a friend. And isn't that what a good blog is about?
And then there are the ones in the right margins, which I do visit regularly. I particularly want to give a shout-out to Cakewrecks and Ugly Overload, both of which suffer from brilliantly hysterical writing. Please check them out, if you haven't; you'll be glad you did! (unless you have serious spider issues, in which case, just stick with the cakes.)
Okay, well, fine, I'll just go tell those three that they're being re-butterflied, whether they like it or not!