Monday, January 19, 2009

Kitchen Conversation

"Hi Cutie!"


"Watch out."

"No, not for you!"

"Watch out."

"Watch out."

"Watch...move."

"Rosie, move."

"Get back. Back."

"Rosie, GET BACK!"

"That's a good girl."

"*$#*%!! No, get back."

"Ok, girl. C'mon."

"Alright, get back. Good girl."

"Well, I don't know if it's gonna be any good, but I guess we'll see."


(water running, steps to garbage can)



"That's ok; you're alright. That's your job!"



"Wow, it looks really good! I hope it tastes ok."





"Hmmm...I wonder what I should have for dinner tonight?"


It didn't taste quite as good as it looked...needed more apples, and probably more salt. But I did catch Miss Chef sneaking a second helping later, so it certainly passed muster!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! Your letter for the Alphabet Game is...

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried making an apple tart once and failed miserably. It was funny though. I really like to cook, but I don't have the gene (or the precision or the patience) for baking. Still I wanted to surprise my husband, and boy did I.

    I wanted my cut apples to stay pristinely white and not discolor so befpre baking, I soaked them in acidulated (lemon) water and then assembled the pastry. Well, you know what happened.... the apples had absorbed so much water that when they came in contact with the heat, they actually released the water back into the pastry.
    When the tart came out of the oven, the apples on top were browned and crisp but the ones below were still raw and glued into a semi-liquid pie dough bottom. Disgusting. Feel better?

    Your tart looks perfect, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I did have Rosie's help. You know how she is about baking...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)