Yet another idea stolen from someone else's blog! Claire at Is this heaven? No, this is Iowa shared her 99 Things the other day. The idea is to declare whether you've done these things, wish you could, or have no interest in them. There were so many cool ones, and I couldn't help but compare my experiences with hers, so I wanted to do it myself!
The bold ones I've done, the gold ones I want to do, and the plain ones...no thanks!
1. Started your own blog.
2. Slept under the stars.
3. Played in a band. (unless you count middle school band...I played clarinet.)
4. Visited Hawaii.
5. Watched a meteor shower.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity. (I can't pay off my credit card, but I still send $24 a month to sponsor a girl in Senegal.)
7. Been to Disneyland/world.
8. Climbed a mountain. (I climbed something in Sweden, but I think it was just a big hill. Oh, and we drove up Pike's Peak in Colorado when I was 6!)
9. Held a praying mantis.
10. Sang a solo.
11. Bungee jumped. (Never gonna happen!)
12. Visited Paris. (I actually lived there for about 10 months.)
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. (I think I'd be nervous.)
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch. (Don't have one in mind, but I love my creative side.)
15. Adopted a child. (Just a dog.)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty. (My dad's from NYC, and I've visited numerous times, but have never made it to visit Miss Liberty.)
18. Grown your own vegetables. (Oh yeah...stay tuned for my gardening posts this spring!)
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France. (It's a bit anticlimactic...the rest of the Louvre is vastly more interesting.)
20. Slept on an overnight train. (Several times, going from Paris to Barcelona & throughout Spain.)
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked. (Hail, no!)
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. (although I still count them as mental health days)
24. Built a snow fort (Fond memories of actually getting along with my brother for a day!)
25. Held a lamb. (I don't think so, though I got to pet them every year at the county fair.)
26. Gone skinny dipping. (just with my cousin, in our own pool...but still, it felt really cool without a bathing suit.)
27. Run a marathon. (I find running boring, and I hate to sweat!)
28. Ridden a gondola in Venice.
29. Seen a total eclipse.
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset. (Is this just so everyone can say "yes" to at least one item?)
31. Hit a home run. (Although I love to watch baseball, I get scared of the ball headed toward me!)
32. Been on a cruise. (Don't know if I'd like it, but I'm willing to give it a shot!)
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person (Only once, even though I spent 25 years within a day's drive!)
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. (Sort of...visited most of the countries my various ancestors came from.)
35. Seen an Amish community (The county I grew up in had a large Amish population.)
36. Taught yourself a new language. (Technically, this is impossible...realistically, it's incredibly difficult, and why would you want to do something the hard way when the easy way is so fun?)
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. (I could go out to eat without feeling guilty!)
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing.
40. Seen Michelangelo's David in person.
41. Sung Karaoke.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt. (We went to Yellowstone, but I don't think we saw Old Faithful.)
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant. (Sadly, I don't think this would ever occur to me.)
44. Visited Africa. (Just Tangiers, but it counts!)
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance. (Once...concussion from falling off a horse.)
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing. (I'd rather just go cruising.)
49. Seen the Sistine chapel in person (Rome is on my List.)
50. Been to the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling (Snorkeling...I was an instant convert.)
52. Kissed in the rain.
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theatre (and yes, I ended up in the back seat!)
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business (One day Miss Chef hopes to start a restaurant, and I will be her front of house manager.)
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia (ancestral land!)
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout cookies. (We had to sell spice sets for band...they were horrible!)
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason (Just last week, after a horrible day at work.)
64. Donated blood (...but I'm so afraid of needles!)
65. Gone sky diving. (I used to think I'd do this to cure my fear of heights, but I've changed my mind.)
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp (Dachau)
67. Bounced a check (My last rent check in Paris! Oops!)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial (DC is also on my List.)
71. Eaten Caviar (Bleagh!)
72. Pieced a quilt (I do not have the patience for that.)
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job (missed being laid off by a week, though)
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person (I reportedly complained it was too hot.)
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car (It's a stupid way to spend your money...believe me, I work in auto finance!)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper (once with a ferret)
85. Read the entire Bible (Tried when I was 6, never tried again.)
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating. (No, just raised them...Dad did the butchering.)
88. Had chickenpox.
89. Saved someone’s life (Not that I know of!)
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous (Alice Waters! ...and David Letterman's mom.)
92. Joined a book club (I would love to talk about the books I read with friends!)
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person (For some reason, this has never interested me.)
96. Swum in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
So what does that tell you about me? That I love to talk about myself? That I've traveled, and I don't like athletic activities.
What does it tell me about myself? That I love to talk about myself! And I've done a lot of cool stuff, and there's a lot more cool stuff left to do!