So, as I mentioned yesterday, I decided to try the Newlywed Game with Miss Chef. As with the original game show, we each tried to figure out what the other would answer to these personal questions. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I didn't know Miss Chef as well as I thought! Ah well, it's been less than a decade; I'm sure we'll have lots more time to learn!
For each question, I've written the "correct" answer, that is, what each of us would answer for ourselves. If the other person guessed something different, that follows in parentheses. So, for example, if my favorite soup were broccoli cheddar, but Miss Chef thought I liked chicken noodle, I'd write this:
Flartus: broccoli cheddar (chicken noodle)
If there are no parentheses, we got it right. I feel kinda dumb having to do an example, but with both of our answers represented, I didn't want it to get confusing!
1. She's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen?
Miss Chef: My Wife and Kids
2. You're out to eat; what kind of dressing does she get on her salad?
Flartus: ranch (vinaigrette)
Miss Chef: ranch
3. What's one food she doesn't like?
Miss Chef: bleu cheese (seafood)
4. You go out to eat and have a drink. What does she order?
Flartus: red wine
Miss Chef: white wine (Miller Lite...I was thinking of bar food)
5. Where did she go to high school?
Flartus: Chardon HS
Miss Chef: Alabama School of Math & Science
6. What size shoe does she wear?
Flartus: 6 1/2 (7 1/2...sometimes, depends on the shoe)
Miss Chef: 10 (9)
7. If she were to collect anything, what would it be? (We both had trouble answering this for ourselves!)
Flartus: Mystery Science Theater 3000 (books)
Miss Chef: bowls (books)
8. What is her favorite type of sandwich?
Flartus: peanut butter & jelly with a slice of bologna (This is the most personal thing I've ever revealed on this blog...please be gentle.)
Miss Chef: roast beef & asiago from Panera
9. What would she eat every day if she could?
Flartus: chicken (pbjb sammidges)
Miss Chef: salad
10. What is her favorite cereal?
Flartus: Special K (Mini Frosted Wheats)
Miss Chef: Lucky Charms (Cheerios)
11. What would she never wear?
Flartus: bikini (thong...close enough)
Miss Chef: dress (heels...my first guess was "slinky dress")
12. What is her favorite sports team?
Flartus: Cleveland Indians
Miss Chef: Atlanta Braves
13. Who did she vote for?
Miss Chef: Obama
14. Who is her best friend?
Flartus: Miss Chef
Miss Chef: Flartus
15. What is something you do that she wishes you wouldn't do?
Miss Chef: crack her knuckles (leave projects unfinished)
16. What is her heritage?
Flartus: Russian, German, French, Irish (Polish...the Russians were there for a coupla generations)
Miss Chef: Hungarian, Italian, German (I missed German)
17. You bake her a cake for his birthday; what kind of cake?
Miss Chef: German chocolate
18. Did she play sports in high school?
Flartus: No, just horseback riding (track...that was middle school)
Miss Chef: volleyball, soccer, swimming, basketball (I missed b'ball)
19. What could she spend hours doing?
Flartus: blogging (watching tv...what?? nah!)
Miss Chef: cooking (reading)
20. What is one unique talent she has?
Flartus: teaching people stuff (hearing everything someone says)
Miss Chef: cooking / seeing both sides of an issue (making sauces)
I only got 10 right, Miss Chef only got 8! Wow...funny thing is, after we'd compared answers, but before I actually tallied the results, I was under the impression that Miss Chef knew me better than I knew her. I wonder why that is? Well, if nothing else, I'm happy to know her favorite cereal! Maybe I can surprise her the next time I go grocery shopping.
Thanks for playing, and as always, feel free to stea...I mean, borrow!