Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Inspiration & Precipitation

Millard Fuller died yesterday at age 74. I never heard of him, until listening to the news on the way to work this morning. I mourn his passing, however, because he was the founder of Habitat for Humanity.

Now that's a legacy!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


We got another round of light snow here in the Carolinas, and the whole dang city freaked out again. Schools were closed, as were entire streets. Apparently there was enough black ice on the roads to cause accidents. I, however, did my daily commute without any problems, and saw only teeny patches of iciness that were easy to avoid. I was the only person in my department for the first hour of business. In fact, when I got to the office, I was alone for a good 15 minutes, and was beginning to wonder if I'd been left off the phone tree or something.

In fact, I was disappointed with the snow. Two years ago, we woke up one morning to an inch or so of fairly wet stuff. It was shortly after Rosie had moved in with us, and she had obviously never seen snow before. She was a little leery at first, and needed some reassurance that it wasn't going to bite her. Then she suddenly decided snow was wonderful! You can eat it, romp in it, throw it around, and if your human's around, you can even chase it!


Of course, I had to scrape off my car and head to work, so I didn't get to enjoy the entertainment like Miss Chef did. She was working nights, so she got to play a little. And I've been waiting for a decent snowfall ever since.

I thought maybe today's little bit of white might be enough to get the dog worked up, but I'm afraid she may already be jaded. She trotted out with her monkey, and had a fine time rubbing his raggedy little head into the snow, but didn't seem to care otherwise. She was much more interested in what time breakfast was gonna get served, and trotted straight back to the door when her duty was done.

Oh well. I guess they have to grow up sometime...

1 comment:

  1. When it gets icy in Florida everything shuts down. I understand the bridge situation and idiot drivers, but EVERYTHING? That's weird to me.

    By the way, Flar... look at all your followers! I am so proud of you! Keep up the bloggy goodness my friend. We are all counting on you to keep our minds ticking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by--please share your thoughts!

"Every time we get comment mail, Rosie wags her tail!" (Seriously, you should see that puffy thing go.)